|phone||(203)744-2150 (Ext. 3335)|
PAULA BOA SOUSA is an associate in the Estate Planning, Probate, and Transactional sections of the firm. She represents individuals in the areas of estate planning and probate proceedings.
She earned her undergraduate degree from Fairfield University and her Juris Doctorate from The University of Connecticut School of Law.
Attorney Sousa's prior work experience includes internships at the Danbury Probate Court and in the chambers of Magistrate Judge Joan Glazer Margolis at the New Haven Federal District Courthouse.
In November, 2010, Attorney Sousa was named to the Legislative Committee of the Elder Law Section of the Connecticut Bar Association. This role positions Attorney Sousa to advocate for Connecticut's seniors and play a vital part in passing legislation that will improve State programs for the elderly, protect them from abuse, and improve their overall quality of life.
Ms. Sousa is a Danbury native and resides there with her husband and son.
- Year Joined Organization:
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut, May, 2006
J.D., with Tax Law Certificate
- Fairfield University, Fairfield, Connecticut, May, 2002
B. A., English/Sociology
Honors: Cum Laude
Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Connecticut Bar Association, Estates and Probate and Elder Law Sections
- Western Connecticut Estate and Tax Planning Council
- Danbury Bar Association
- Portuguese Bar Association of Connecticut
- Portuguese Cultural Center - member; Board of Directors - 2007-2009