STEPHANIE B. NICKSE joined Collins, Hannafin as an associate in 2007. She is a member of the firm's Litigation Department and practices in the areas of Civil and Criminal Litigation, Education Law, and Landlord/Tenant Law. Ms. Nickse is licensed to practice law in Connecticut and New York. She is a member of the American, Connecticut, New York, and Danbury Bar Associations.
Ms. Nickse received her B.A. from Bucknell University where she majored in Sociology with a concentration in Legal Studies, Spanish, and Chemistry (one chemistry class short of a triple major). She then went on to work in business as a district manager at Automatic Data Processing in Tampa, Florida. In 2004, she returned home to Connecticut to pursue her legal education. She earned her Juris Doctorate from Quinnipiac University School of Law. During law school, Ms. Nickse was the President of the Graduate Student Council (2004-06), member of the Board of Directors for the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Service to Students (2005-06), Admissions Ambassador to the law school (2005-06), Graduate Assistant in the University's Athletic Department (2006-07), and Volunteer Income Tax Assistant (2007). She received the award for outstanding academic achievement in Criminal Procedure (Investigative), Federal Income Tax, and Wills, Trusts, and Estates. During law school, she also earned the Superior Classroom Performance Award, Excellence in Clinical Work Award, Service to the Law School Award, and Service to the Community Award.
Ms. Nickse is a native of Newtown, Connecticut, and currently resides in Wilton with her husband.
- Year Joined Organization:
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, Hamden, Connecticut, 2007
- Bucknell University, Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, 2003
- Published Works:
- Legislature Refocuses on Increasing In-School Suspensions and Reducing Bullying in Schools, Connecticut Lawyer, Volume 19, #7, March, 2009
- Honors and Awards:
- Outstanding Academic Achievement, Criminal Procedure
- Outstanding Academic Achievement, Federal Income Tax
- Outstanding Academic Achievement, Wills, Trusts and Estates
- Superior Classroom Performance Award
- Excellence in Clinical Work Award
- Service to the Law School
- Service to the Community Award
- English (Primary)