Connecticut law firm serving your personal, family and business law needs for more than 50 years
As a full-service law firm, Collins Hannafin, P.C. aims to fulfill all of your legal needs. Our attorneys have a depth and breadth of knowledge in the employment, family, real estate, divorce, trusts and estates, and business law and litigation arenas and work together to provide efficient legal solutions to our clients. With more than 300 years of combined legal experience, individuals and businesses in Greater Danbury count on Collins Hannafin’s signature commitment to provide legal solutions that work and maintain lasting relationships with our clients for the following:
- Business law and litigation
- Bankruptcy — We advise corporate and individual clients on all aspects of bankruptcy, including the options and consequences involved.
- Business and commercial law — Collins Hannafin advises businesses of all sizes, across all industries, regarding corporate and commercial transactions.
- Business and commercial litigation — Our skilled litigators have experience representing corporate and individual interests in Connecticut courtrooms in disputes related to business and commercial transactions.
- Healthcare law — Collins Hannafin represents physicians, dentists, nurses and mental health professionals in legal issues concerning business matters, commercial transactions and professional licenses.
- Securities and private placement — We assist clients in private equity transactions by drafting private placement memoranda, and securities regulation compliance.
- Creditor’s rights and collections — Collins Hannafin’s collections attorneys have the right experience and skills to successfully enforce creditors’ rights and successfully collect from their debtors.
- Foreclosures — Our real estate attorneys help Connecticut homeowners facing foreclosure with court proceedings, loan modification negotiation and foreclosure relief programs.
- Criminal law — We successfully advise and represent individuals facing criminal and motor vehicle charges.
- Education law — Collins Hannafin represents parents and students in disciplinary proceedings and teachers and administrators in academic hearings in public and private institutions.
- Employment law
- Employment law for employees — The Collins Hannafin employment practice group defends the rights of employees against unlawful practices by their employers.
- Employment law for employers — We advise companies on employment-related policies and practices and assist them in implementing employee and workplace handbooks. Our employment attorneys also represent employers in wrongful termination and other disputes.
- Family and divorce law
- Child custody and visitation — We protect the rights of parents in child custody and visitation matters during or after a divorce.
- Collaborative divorce — Collins Hannafin’s family law attorneys serve as trusted team members in this non-adversarial and cooperative method of settling financial and custody issues during a divorce.
- Divorce — Our compassionate family law attorneys provide experienced advice and practical solutions regarding all aspects of divorce and civil union dissolutions.
- Division of marital property — Our family law practice provides vigorous representation and practical advice for identifying, negotiating, settling and litigating division of marital assets during divorce, including enforcement and challenge of prenuptial agreements.
- Divorce mediation — Mediation is a dignified, cost-effective way to settle disputes related to your divorce. Our certified divorce attorney-mediator brings the skills and compassion to resolve all disputes and get you through the divorce process in an objectively fair manner. She also serves as review counsel for spouses and partners involved with other mediators.
- Family law — Representation on legal issues affecting families, such as child custody, adoption, divorce and enforcement of alimony, demands a lawyer with legal skills and compassion.
- High-net-worth divorce — We understand that high-net-worth individuals require divorce attorneys with sophisticated knowledge and experience regarding business, property and family law.
- Personal injury and workers’ compensation
- Real estate
- Commercial real estate — Our commercial real estate practice group assists developers, buyers and sellers of real estate to successfully plan, build, buy and sell commercial properties throughout Connecticut.
- Common interest ownership and condominiums — Our real estate attorneys represent clients in conversions, governance and dispute resolution under the Connecticut Common Interest Ownership Act.
- Land use and real estate development — Our real estate and land use attorneys assist real estate developers with zoning, environmental and construction-related contractual issues.
- Land use and real estate litigation — Property owners dealing with complex land use issues that require approvals from local planning and zoning commissions, zoning boards of appeal or inland wetlands commissions and court appeals from those boards and commissions or other matters such as boundary disputes, adverse possession, partition actions, eminent domain, waste cleanup liabilities, regulatory takings, and real estate tax appeals should rely on land use attorneys with experience.
- Leasing — Commercial real estate lease agreements vary depending on the property and use involved. We advise property owners and tenants in the negotiation process up until the closing. Learn how Collins Hannafin can negotiate the best terms for your commercial leases.
- Residential real estate — We represent experienced and first-time buyers and sellers of homes throughout Greater Danbury.
- Taxation and tax planning — Collins Hannafin can help devise a plan to minimize tax liabilities for your business, family and estate.
- Wills, trusts and elder law
- Estate planning — Wills, trusts, estate tax and property succession are a few of the estate planning tools our attorneys offer clients.
- Trust and estate administration — Our attorneys assist individuals and families in probate and estate administration matters, such as contesting wills, satisfying creditors’ claims, enforcing trustees’ fiduciary duties and much more.
- Elder law — Whether our clients require assistance qualifying for Medicare and Medicaid or would like to take a proactive approach in benefits eligibility planning, we take the time to analyze and advise on the best options for them.
Learn how our full-service Danbury, CT law firm can help you
Collins Hannafin, P.C. has more than 50 years of serving businesses and individuals in Danbury, Redding, Brookfield, and throughout Connecticut. Our attorneys work together, merging practice areas and experience, to provide efficient, cost-effective legal solutions to our clients. Call us at 203.885.19338 or contact us online to learn more about how our firm can help you with your legal needs.