Francis J. Collins
203-744-2150 (Ext. 3303) phone
FRANCIS J. COLLINS practices primarily in the areas of Real Estate, Workers’ Compensation, Administrative Law, Commercial, and Land Use matters. He presently serves as counsel to the Ridgefield Planning and Zoning and Inland Wetlands Commissions and served as Town Attorney for the Town of Brookfield from 2004 to 2010. Mr. Collins published “Planning and Zoning in Connecticut” in Connecticut Real Property Law, a textbook for attorneys. He is past chairman of the Board of Directors of Connecticut Attorneys Title Insurance Company, a non-profit bar-related title insurance company and CATIC Financial, Inc., its holding company. He is a member of the American, Connecticut, and Danbury Bar Associations. Attorney Collins is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® — the highest rating that can be achieved.
Mr. Collins’s record of public service includes having served in the Connecticut Legislature for eight years holding the posts of Minority Leader and Speaker of the House. He was one of the first attorneys appointed as a State Trial Referee under the Judicial Department’s effort to expedite case hearings. He served for six years on the State Judicial Selection Committee. He also served as a member of both the State and local attorney grievance committees. Mr. Collins is a former chairman of the Danbury Chamber of Commerce and serves as an arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association. He serves as Town Counsel for the Town of Brookfield.
Mr. Collins has five adult children and lives in Oxford with his wife.
- “Planning and Zoning in Connecticut”, Connecticut Real Property Law, a Textbook for Attorneys”
Professional associations and memberships:
- Connecticut Attorneys Title Insurance Company Past Chairman, Board of Directors
- American Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- Danbury Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Legislature, Former Speaker of the House
- State Judicial Selection Committee
- State and Local Attorney Grievance Committees, Member
- Danbury Chamber of Commerce, Former Chairman
- American Arbitration Association, Arbitrator
- Town of Brookfield, Town Counsel
Collins Hannafin, P.C., has provided quality legal services to clients in the Greater Danbury area for over 50 years. We serve business and individual clients from Bethel, Bridgewater, Brookfield, Danbury, New Fairfield, New Milford, Newtown, Ridgefield, Redding, Sherman, and Southbury.