Thomas W. Beecher
203-744-2150 (Ext. 3331) phone
THOMAS W. BEECHER practices in the areas of Civil and Criminal Litigation, Land Use, Municipal Law, and Appellate Practice. He is often counsel to other firm members in zoning litigation and appellate procedure. He began his law career as a law clerk to the Honorable T. Clark Hull, then of the Connecticut Appellate Court. Since joining the firm in 1984, Mr. Beecher has prosecuted and defended numerous appeals in the Connecticut Supreme and Appellate Courts.
Mr. Beecher has received the AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest possible rating for both legal ability and ethical standards issued pursuant to this long-established peer review process. He has also been named to the list of “Connecticut Super Lawyers®” from 2011 – present in the area of land use and zoning. Mr. Beecher has served as an Attorney State Trial Referee for the Connecticut Judicial Department and has served as an arbitrator in civil matters. He presently serves as counsel to the Ridgefield Planning and Zoning and Inland Wetlands Commissions and as Town Attorney for the Town of Brookfield. He previously served as Town Attorney for the Town of New Milford from 1995 until 2001. He is a member of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, the Connecticut Bar Association, and the Danbury Bar Association. Mr. Beecher served as a member of the Litchfield County Grievance Committee ,which reviews complaints against attorneys, and, from 1988 to 1995, served as chairman of the New Milford Ethics Commission, which reviews matters concerning municipal officials. He was also a member of the New Milford Republican Town Committee from 1987 to 2005. He is curently chairman of the New Milford Parks and Recreation Commission.
Mr. Beecher has two adult children and resides in New Milford with his wife.
Distinctions, Honors, and Awards:
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent rating
- 2011 – present, Connecticut Super Lawyer as listed in New England Super Lawyers® magazine and Connecticut Magazine®.
- Law Review, Suffolk University Law School
Professional associations and memberships:
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- Danbury Bar Association, Member
- Litchfield County Grievance Committee, Former Member
- New Milford Ethics Commission, 1988 – 1995, Chairman
- New Milford Republican Town Committee, 1987 – 2005, Member
- Connecticut Judicial Department, Attorney State Trial Referee
- Town of Brookfield, 2004 – 2010, 2014 – present, Town Attorney
- Town of New Milford, 1995 – 2001, Town Attorney
Collins Hannafin, P.C., has provided quality legal services to clients in the Greater Danbury area for over 50 years. We serve business and individual clients from Bethel, Bridgewater, Brookfield, Danbury, New Fairfield, New Milford, Newtown, Ridgefield, Redding, Sherman, and Southbury.