Experienced and Compassionate Greater Danbury Family Law Attorneys
We protect you when it matters most
The family law attorneys at Collins Hannafin, P.C. provide practical, flexible and comprehensive client service in a full range of divorce, child custody, child support and other domestic relations problems. Our divorce lawyers are highly experienced, versatile and capable of protecting and advancing your interests in matters ranging from the litigation of complex property division issues to the negotiated settlement of all issues in a collaborative divorce. Collins Hannafin also offers divorce mediation services to spouses and partners seeking a cooperative, cost-effective process for divorce.
Each of our divorce and family law attorneys understands the inherent difficulty in the divorce process, and brings strengths, intelligence, and professional experience to help you through the process. We work closely with one another as well as with you so that you will benefit from the aggregate of our experience. We are committed to giving you a solid understanding of your rights and responsibilities and then walking the extra mile to effectuate your goals. Because of the personal and emotional turmoil that divorce can often mean for a person going through it, a clear grasp of the legal possibilities available for your situation will help you order your priorities, define your objectives, and choose wisely from the legal options that are available to you. Our respect for your needs and commitments will help you through the divorce process.
Our divorce and family law practice
Our lawyers advise clients on the full gamut of divorce and family law issues, including the following problems:
- Adoptions and guardianships
- Contested or uncontested divorce
- Dissolution of civil unions, and same-sex marriages
- Child support, child custody, visitation, and parenting time issues
- Problems relating to a divorced parent’s move to another state or country
- Division of marital property and marital debt
- Property division and asset valuation in divorce involving family businesses, closely held corporations, or executive compensation packages
- Planning and analysis of the tax consequences of divorce settlements, alimony awards, and child support arrangements
- Paternity matters involving child support or visitation
- Grandparents’ visitation rights or child custody applications
- Adoption and guardianship
- Negotiation, review, or enforcement of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Modification or enforcement of divorce decrees, support or custody orders, or domestic violence protective orders
- Divorce mediation
Collaborative law and divorce mediation — saving money and time
We adapt our legal strategies to the objectives and needs of our clients. Whether your situation calls for negotiation, mediation, full-blown litigation, or a collaborative approach, our family law attorneys have the experience and skill needed to help you achieve your goals. In mediation, our attorneys can either serve as mediators or as legal counsel.
The collaborative atmosphere characteristic of the Collins Hannafin law firm can also serve the needs of clients whose divorce or other family law problem is sufficiently complex to draw upon the focused knowledge of our other practice groups. For example, our business lawyers contribute a great deal to the negotiation and resolution of property division problems. At the same time, the advice of our family law attorneys can often help refine an estate plan or business succession agreement.
Domestic partners and dissolution of civil unions
The dissolution of same-sex marriages can present unique legal challenges, especially when dividing property or determining custody of any children adopted by the couple. Our attorneys remain at the forefront of this legal area as it continues to evolve at both the state and federal level.
Contact our family law and divorce lawyers today
To learn more about the capacity of our lawyers to help you in a divorce or child custody matter, contact a Connecticut family law attorney at Collins Hannafin, P.C. by calling 203.885.1938 or contact us online.