Robert M. Opotzner
203-744-2150 (Ext. 3322) phone
ROBERT M. OPOTZNER, Danbury and Ridgefield, Connecticut, lawyer, practices in the areas of Civil Litigation, including Divorce, Custody, Education Law, Negligence, Commercial Litigation, and Labor Relations. Mr. Opotzner practices in lower Fairfield County as well as the Ridgefield and Danbury area. He is an experienced trial lawyer and negotiator, having practiced in courts throughout the State. He is a member of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association and the Connecticut and Danbury Bar Associations.
As recognition for his qualifications in family matters, Mr. Opotzner has served as a Special Master, including in Danbury and Litchfield, for the State’s Judicial Department, making recommendations for settlement of dissolution of marriage actions, including custody cases. He has also given presentations to diverse organizations on divorce topics in Danbury and Ridgefield, Connecticut, among various other places, and has appeared on three occasions on Comcast Television Channel 23 discussing various issues on divorce law.
He has served as counsel for children in divorce matters and maintains membership in the Family Law Section of the Connecticut Bar Association. Mr. Opotzner currently serves on the Executive Committee of the Education Law Section of the Connecticut Bar Association. Mr. Opotzner has served on numerous civic organizations in the greater Danbury and Ridgefield areas. He is a former member of the Shelton Board of Education, where he served for nine years, and a former member and Negotiating Committee Chairman of the Ridgefield Board of Education, where he served for more than six years. Mr. Opotzner also served as Chairman of the Ridgefield Charter Revision Commission.
Mr. Opotzner has served as part of the Ridgefield Board of Education panels in school expulsion hearings and has also represented numerous clients in other school districts as an advocate in their expulsion hearings and special education manifestation hearings.
Mr. Opotzner is also a producer on Comcast Television Channel 23 and hosts two series called “Community Forum” and “Thirty Minutes”, through which he has presented shows on various legal issues and interviewed guests.
Mr. Opotzner is a resident of Ridgefield, living there with his wife. He has two adult children.
Professional associations and memberships:
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association Member
- Connecticut Bar Association Member, and Executive Committee Member, Education Law Section
- Danbury Bar Association Member
- State’s Judicial Department Special Master (primarily in Danbury Superior Court)
- Connecticut Bar Association, Family Law Section Executive Committee Member
- Shelton Board of Education Former Member
- Shelton Board of Education Former Committee Chairman
- Ridgefield Board of Education Former Negotiating Committee Chairman
- Ridgefield Charter Revision Commission Former Chairman
- Danbury Collaborative Law Group Treasurer
- Darien Collaborative Law Group Member
– THE AUTOMATIC ORDERS – PLUS!
– CAN THE PAYOR’S OBLIGATION TO PAY ALIMONY BE IMPACTED BY VOLUNTARY ACTS OF THE PAYOR
Collins Hannafin, P.C., has provided quality legal services to clients in the Greater Danbury area for over 50 years. We serve business and individual clients from Bethel, Bridgewater, Brookfield, Danbury, New Fairfield, New Milford, Newtown, Ridgefield, Redding, Sherman, and Southbury.