Eva M. DeFranco
203.744.2150 (Ext. 3330) phone
EVA M. DeFRANCO practices primarily in the areas of Divorce Mediation, Collaborative Divorce and Divorce Litigation. She also has decades of experience in Negligence and Commercial Litigation cases. She is an experienced mediator, trial lawyer and negotiator, admitted to practice in both State and Federal courts. Attorney DeFranco is a member of the Family Law Section of the Connecticut Bar Association. She is a member of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, the Connecticut Bar Association, and past president of the Danbury Bar Association. She served as the chairperson of the Danbury Family Bar Association for over a decade. In recognition of her leadership and service to the legal community, Attorney DeFranco was elected as a James W. Cooper Fellow. She has earned the AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell. The Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent rating is the highest possible rating for an attorney for both ethical standards and legal ability. This rating represents the pinnacle of professional excellence. It is achieved only after an attorney has been reviewed and recommended by their peers – members of the bar and the Judiciary.
Attorney DeFranco is increasingly committed to helping her clients reduce the turmoil inherent in the divorce process while protecting their rights. She earned her certification as a divorce mediator in 2007 and a collaborative divorce attorney in 2005 in order to offer more options to clients getting divorced. She continues to sharpen her skills in order to ensure her clients the highest quality of service in collaborative divorce, divorce mediation and divorce litigation. Attorney DeFranco is a member of the Collaborative Divorce Team of Connecticut and the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals. She is an Officer and Board Member of the Connecticut Council for Non-Adversarial Divorce. As recognition for her qualifications in family matters, she has served as a Special Master for the State=s Judicial Department for many years, making recommendations regarding settlement to litigants involved in the divorce process. She has lectured extensively on various topics of divorce and collaborative divorce law. She is a trainer for the Connecticut Family Mediation Training Group and regularly trains lawyers, mental health professionals and divorce financial planners in mediation.
Additionally, Attorney DeFranco was an adjunct professor at Western Connecticut State University for ten years. She has been active in civic matters since she began her legal career in 1986. She has served on the boards of the Danbury Regional Commission on Child Care, Rights, and Abuse, Inc. (past president); the Women=s Center of Greater Danbury; the Western Connecticut Chapter of the American Red Cross; and as treasurer of the Stanley L. Richter Memorial Park Authority. She was also the Regional Chairperson of Connecticut Legal Services= Campaign for Justice for several years.
Attorney DeFranco is a Ridgefield native and currently resides in Danbury with her husband.
- Lectured, Various Aspects of Family Law, Divorce Mediation and Conflict Resolution
- Former Adjunct professor, Western Connecticut State University; Lectured, Various seminars on Divorce Law, Conflict Resolution, Divorce Mediation and Collaborative Divorce
- Fall, 2014 – Basic Divorce Mediation Training
- Spring, 2015 – Basic Divorce Mediation Training
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Connecticut Bar Association, Family Law Section Member
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Danbury Bar Association, Past President
- Danbury Family Bar Association, Past Chairperson
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Member
- Connecticut Council for Non-Adversarial Divorce, Member
- Collaborative Divorce Team of Connecticut, Member
- Connecticut Bar Foundation James W. Cooper Fellow
- Judicial District of Danbury, Special Master
- Judicial District of Litchfield, Special Master
Awards and Distinctions
Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent rating
- Connecticut Bar Foundation, James W. Cooper Fellow
- Connecticut Council for Non-Adversarial Divorce, Leadership Award
Collins Hannafin, P.C,. has provided quality legal services to clients in the Greater Danbury area for over 50 years. We serve business and individual clients from Bethel, Bridgewater, Brookfield, Danbury, New Fairfield, New Milford, Newtown, Ridgefield, Redding, Sherman, and Southbury.