Christopher K. Leonard
203-744-2150 (Ext. 3305) phone
CHRISTOPHER K. LEONARD practices in the areas of Real Estate, Condominium Law, Business and Commercial Law, Land Use and Real Estate Development, and Environmental Law. He is admitted to practice in both State and Federal courts, and is a member of the American, Connecticut, and Danbury Bar Associations. Mr. Leonard is a past president of the Greater Danbury Bar Association. He is a member of the Real Estate, Environmental Law and Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Sections of the Connecticut Bar. Mr. Leonard is counsel to numerous real estate developers and over 150 common interest communities throughout the State of Connecticut. Mr. Leonard is on the Connecticut Lawyer Council for the Connecticut Chapter of Community Association Institute. Mr. Leonard served on the Statewide Drafting Committee, which drafted the 2009 amendments to the Connecticut Common Interest Ownership Act, and additionally served as a contributing author on the Connecticut Bar Association Connecticut Common Interest Ownership Manual 2nd Edition, 2013.
Mr. Leonard has been active civically in Ridgefield, Connecticut, where he has lived most of his life. Mr. Leonard was a member of the Ridgefield Police Commission from November 1995 through January 1997. From 1997 to 2001, Mr. Leonard served as chairman of the Ridgefield Republican Town Committee. Mr. Leonard is a past president of the Boys and Girls Club of Ridgefield, Inc., where he currently serves as a member of the Board of Directors.
Mr. Leonard resides in Ridgefield with his wife and two sons.
Professional associations and memberships:
- American Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association Member
- Danbury Bar Association Member and Former President
- Connecticut Bar, Real Estate Law Section Member
- Connecticut Bar, Environmental Law Section member
- Connecticut Bar, Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section Member
- Ridgefield Police Commission, 1995 – 1997 Former Member
- Ridgefield Republican Town Committee, 1997 – 2001 Former Chairman
- Boys and Girls Club of Ridgefield, Inc. Former President, Current Board Member
Collins Hannafin, P.C., has provided quality legal services to clients in the Greater Danbury area for over 50 years. We serve business and individual clients from Bethel, Bridgewater, Brookfield, Danbury, New Fairfield, New Milford, Newtown, Ridgefield, Redding, Sherman, and Southbury.