Business law for healthcare professionals
At Collins Hannafin, P.C., our attorneys offer a range of professional services that cut across legal disciplines to serve the business, regulatory, and transactional needs of medical practice groups and others engaged in the healthcare sector. To learn how our advice and representation can help physicians, dentists, and other healthcare professionals concentrate on their own practice, contact us.
Among the business and commercial services we provide for clinics and physicians’ practice groups are the following:
- Business entity selection, formation, and registration
- Negotiation and documentation of office leases and other real estate related transactions
- Equipment purchases and leases, including financing and loan agreements
- Land use and zoning issues
- Medical group and hospital contracts
- Dispute resolution among partners or shareholders
- Employment practices and litigation
- Coverage disputes with healthcare insurers and HMOs
- Payment disputes with benefits administrators or third-party payers
- Collection of debts for professional services and procedures not covered by insurance
As well as representing medical professionals and practices with the business side of their profession, we also help physicians, dentists, nurses, and mental health professionals avoid and resolve problems with professional licenses or questions as to medical credentials. We can help you respond to inquiries, supplement license applications, or answer patient or client complaints. When necessary, we will represent you in professional license defense proceedings before a licensing or disciplinary board or before the Department of Health.
No matter how large or small your practice is, or how long your group has worked together, Collins Hannafin has the experience and skill set that can help improve your practice’s business operations and profitability in the rapidly changing healthcare environment. Contact us for additional information about the range of our services for healthcare professionals.